I have been in denial about my real age that I had forgotten how old I actually am. I had aged myself by a year. This came about when my sister told me she was 37 on her next birthday, which makes me 34 now! This meant I was ticking the wrong boxes in surveys, and the Things who no longer believe I’m 29 anyway, insisted on telling anyone who would listen that I was 35.
So what have I learnt during my 34 years and 10 months?!
This is a condensed list-I don’t want to keep you here all day!
* Life really does go fast. And it’s goes so much faster when you have kids.
* Say “I love you” to the ones you love. I do ALL the time. Hubby, kids, friends and family get told in person, on the phone, in an e-mail and text messages.
* Things don’t stay the same forever- embrace the opportunity. Change is good, even if at that time you think it is the end of the world.
* Never assume. Always ask
* There are only 2 answers: Yes or No. Is No really so bad at times?
* Not everybody in life will like you. So what? Who cares?
* you can never have enough good friends, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve known them. You may not have the same girlfriends you had at school or university, but that is fine. Sometimes, friendships are not meant to last forever. People change and grow and move on. And that’s ok.
* Never under estimate the importance of saying Thank you and Please.
* Smile at a stranger, hold a door open, offer your assistance- all these things will put a smile on someone’s face. And probably yours as well.
* Listen to others.
* Do not judge
* Somebody, somewhere, is having a much worse time than you. Think about what you do have.
* You’re allowed an opinion. Say what you think. Not what you’re expected to say.
* There are ‘Walkers’ and there are ‘Talkers’ in life- what are you?